The name of this church shall be Maranatha Evangelical Free Church. Pursuant to Sec. 6(1) of the Religious Societies' Lands Act our corporate name is The Trustees of Maranatha Evangelical Free Church, a religious society in the City of Winnipeg, in the Province of Manitoba.
1. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
2. In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. That water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
8. That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
9. That only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
10. That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
11. In the personal premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
12. In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Maranatha is to be a family of believers which glorifies God through Christ-centred teaching and application of His Word. The Core Values of this church are:
1. To preach and teach the Word of God for the edification, encouragement, instruction and discipline of our family of believers.
2. To provide opportunity for Christian worship, service and prayer.
3. To promote and support world-wide evangelism, discipleship and social justice by word and deed.
4. To create and promote a welcoming atmosphere where individuals can grow in their knowledge of God and His Word.
The organization shall be carried on without purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other accretions to the organization shall be used in promoting its objectives.
This church shall receive as members those of any age who profess to have accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour, and who in their lives manifest the evidences of a true faith in God, and who are willing according to their ability to support the church by their personal participation, prayers and contributions.
The government of the church is vested in the members eligible to vote in business sessions. The church shall hold business sessions at least semi-annually (usually in April for election of officers and other business, and usually in October for the establishment of the annual budget and other business). Special meetings may be called by recommendation of the Board of Directors or the formal request to the Board by 10% of the voting membership.
The church shall be administered through appointed or elected officers who shall constitute the Board of Directors. This Board shall include at least the Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and the Chairpersons of Standing Committees of the Board, and the Pastor(s).
The Administrative Committee shall consist of the Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer, with special responsibility of the legal documents and shall oversee the administration of the entire church program.
Although the church is autonomous, it is formally affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada and shall seek to co-operate with the denomination in the fellowship of the Gospel.
The church shall have the power to acquire and own, by purchase, gifts, lease or otherwise, such real and personal property as is deemed necessary for the realization of the objectives of the church. If division occurs in this church, the names and property shall belong to those who abide by its Constitution and Bylaws. If the church ceases to function and its organization is dissolved, the property shall be assigned to the Central District of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada to enable that District to renew the work or use the value thereof for further Gospel enterprises.
Amendments to this Constitution shall be made at a business session of the church, by a two-thirds vote, when the proposed amendments have been submitted in writing and introduced at a business session of the members at least three months prior to taking action on it. Quorum bylaws apply.
A supplement to this Constitution, known as Bylaws, shall embody decisions of the membership such as the conditions of various categories of membership, terms of office of Directors, and other such rules and regulations governing the activities of the church. Bylaws include matters that should not be subject to suspension or modification at any one business session.